FAQ's & Terms
Things to know at the start of your membership:
We offer an inclusive approach to health and wellness with memberships which include access to the entire facility. Our All Access Membership is our primary offering, with variations for both Older Adults 60Y+ and Youth 13Y-15Y which include some restrictions.
Concession Discount: We accept the following concession cards for a discount on our All Access Membership: full-time students, Pensioner Concession Card, health care card, Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, DVA Health Card. Senior Cards are not accepted. Proof of concession card must be presented at sign-up, or at your first visit for online memberships. Your membership will automatically revert to the non-discounted price upon expiry of a concession card.
Mates Rates / Family Discount: We offer a discount on our All Access Membership when you join with family or friends. Eligibility & terms:
- The primary member agrees to pay for the membership(s) from the same account
- Linked members must use one set of payment details (bank account or credit card) for ongoing direct debits of all 'mates'.
- Up to 5 individuals can join together and receive the Mates Rates discount, however, all debits must come from one set of payment details.
- Must be completed in-person at Customer Service with all 'mates' present at the time of sign-up. Each 'mate' will need to fill out their own membership form.
- If your 'mate' cancels their membership, your membership will automatically revert to the standard non-discounted price.
- Already joined and want to add a 'mate' to start getting a discount? Not a problem if you are on our standard direct debit membership. Add 'mates' to your account (and begin receiving the Mates Rates Discount) at any time.
- Modification to one 'mate' can impact all 'mates'. If your 'mate' cancels, your membership will automatically be reverted to the non-discount membership rate.
- Unable to combine Mates Rates and Concession Discounts.
We have a dedicated Active Youth Membership for those 13Y-15Y, however, the membership agreement must be completed and signed by a guardian. Active Youth members are able to use the gym and participate in group fitness after a mandatory Youth Gym Orientation.
If you are 16Y or over, you are able to purchase an All Access Membership. Students may be eligible for a concession discount.
On the day you sign your membership agreement and each time you visit, you promise that you are in good physical condition and you know of no medical or other reason why you cannot or should not partake in gym activities or exercise. Our staff are not medically trained, and can not assess if you are in good enough physical condition to exercise without risk to your health, safety or comfort. If you have any doubts, please consult expert advice (General Practitioner) before starting.
Reciprocal rights for All Access members exists between the St Clair and The Parks recreation centres. Located less than 5 minutes apart, All Access members can use either sites facilities (gym, stadiums, pools, etc) and group fitness classes.
The location in which you signed up for membership is considered your 'home location'. When you visit a site other than your home location, you are not entitled to any site-specific member benefits such as Playclub/Childminding, 24.7 Access, U10 Free memberships, online group fitness bookings, and any other offer deemed site-specific. The majority of visits must be at your home location. Full conditions detailed below.
How to use:
- The first time you visit a participating reciprocal rights site you will be required to show ID, and a visitor account can then be created (may take 5 minutes)
- Future visits require you to check-in with a Customer Service officer to scan your card through the reciprocal rights database.
- Only All Access (and Foundation) Members have access to reciprocal rights. Active Adult members who would like reciprocal rights access may upgrade their membership to an All Access Membership at any time.
- The majority (over 50%) of your visits/attendances must be at your home location over any 4 week period. If you are using another site for the majority of your visits we will arrange for the transfer of your membership to the appropriate site, including transferring your membership to the closest comparable membership currently available for sale at that site (this may result in an increase in membership fees). We reserve the right to cancel your membership if you do not wish to transfer your membership.
- While visiting a site other than your home location, you are granted the same access rights as a casual admission. While visiting, you do not have access to site specific member benefits such as Playclub/Childminding, 24.7 Access, U10 Free memberships, online group fitness bookings, and any other offer deemed site-specific.
Things to know during your membership:
Our standard memberships are periodic (ongoing) with membership fees paid in advance every second Thursday from a bank account or credit card. Please note debits may take several days to come out of your account.
You can pay for memberships upfront in 6-month blocks. Please ask Customer Service for further details.
It is your responsibility to make sure:
- Your account can accept direct debits
- There is enough money in your account on the payment day and the next 5 days
- You provide updated payment details with a minimum of 48 hours before the next debit
- You request in writing to stop direct debits
Failed direct debit payments incur a $15 administration fee.
If your direct debit fails you will be notified by SMS to the number provided. Access may be stopped due to an outstanding balance; you will be prompted to pay the outstanding balance at your next visit or it will be automatically added onto your next direct debit. Failed direct debits incur a $15 administration fee.
We will continue to debit your nominated account without notice to receive the total amount owed to us. We will make reasonable effort to let you know beforehand by SMS, email and phoning you.
We may modify our terms and conditions at any time, including the club’s opening and closing hours, its services, facilities and membership fees. The most up-to-date terms and conditions can be found on the Centre’s website. We will notify you in writing at least 28 days prior to any fee increases.
Memberships (excluding Program Memberships) may be suspended for a minimum of 2 weeks and a maximum of 26 weeks at a time by submitting an Amendment Form to customer service. Suspension requests must be submitted a minimum of 3 days prior to the start date of the suspension and the first proposed non/reduced payment date. The first 4 weeks of suspension per calendar year are free after which suspension will be charged at $5 per week. All medical suspensions are free of charge upon the presentation of a valid medical certificate that covers all requested dates of suspension. Suspensions, including for medical reasons, cannot be back-dated. The Member agrees that in the event that he or she does not attend the Centre or use the facilities for any period during the Membership without previously arranging suspension of Membership, the Member will have no entitlement or right to claim and the Centre will not be liable to reimburse any fees or other payments made by the member.
Membership paid upfront and visit passes cannot be suspended put on hold, cancelled or transferred.
Members will receive a membership card with an attached digital photo. If you visit the Centre without your membership card or photo identification, we may refuse you entry. If you lose or damage your card, we will replace one card every 12 months for free.
We want to hear from you. Feedback can be submitted in person with a Feedback Form or through our online feedback form in the Contact Us section of the site. If you would like to speak to the Centre Manager, please let Customer Service know. If requested, we will be in contact with you shortly to follow up on your feedback.
The Centre requires 14 days written notice of cancellation, which means one more direct debit will be charged after the Cancellation Request form is submitted to customer service. Your access to the Centre will cease 14 days after the last direct debit payment. All outstanding fees must be paid in full prior to cancellation. We reserve the right to cancel your membership if two or more direct debit drawings are returned unpaid by your nominated Financial Institution and you fail to arrange an alternate payment method. Credits on your account are non-refundable. The Centre advises you to contact your Financial Institution to confirm the termination of further direct debits after any final payments are successfully paid.